Sometimes your lending requirements might not tick the standard boxes for a bank or building society.
Perhaps you’re a buy-to-let landlord with a portfolio of properties? A developer looking to either build or convert properties into homes? Or perhaps you’re seeking to buy or remortgage a property with a commercial element?
To further enhance the service you can access at Altura, we’re delighted to introduce specialist and commercial lending expert Guy Nyirenda – the newest member of the Altura team.
Benefit from expert specialist and commercial lending advice
Having worked in the mortgage sector for 23 years, Guy is a highly experienced specialist and commercial lending expert.
He has worked for some of the leading brokerages and brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to Altura clients. Areas where Guy can help you include:
- Buy-to-let portfolio lending. If you’re a professional landlord with a portfolio of properties, you’ll have bespoke needs and requirements that mainstream lenders and brokers may not be able to help with. We can consider finance outside the scope of standard lenders, including in a limited company or trust structure.
- Commercial finance. If you’re seeking to buy or refinance a commercial property, including if you’re an owner-occupier, then we can access excellent commercial lending terms. We can add real value if you’re an entrepreneur or limited company director looking to borrow against your own premises.
- Commercial investments. If you’re seeking to buy or refinance any commercial investment, including retail, industrial units, warehouses, offices, or mixed-use units (for example, shops with flats above), we can secure finance at highly competitive rates.
- Bridging finance. We can help you to secure both residential and commercial bridging finance. For example, if you’re seeking bridging to buy a property not suitable for habitation, a buy-to-let that needs renovation or an auction purchase, and you need short-term finance, we can help.
- Development finance. Whether you’re undertaking a buy-to-let refurbishment or you’re a developer seeking finance for a project, we have access to a range of specialist lenders who can offer excellent terms.
In addition to helping Altura clients with their niche lending needs, Guy is also tasked with expanding this area of the Altura business.
He says: “I’m here to guide and support our other brokers and appointed representatives by providing help and advice to their specialist and commercial lending clients.
“I also want to bring on new professional introducers and liaise with our current introducers to provide a commercial finance solution for their client needs. In essence, I am looking to build a team of more commercially focused brokers and support staff.”
22 years in the mortgage sector
Guy joined mortgage broker John Charcol back in 1999 and he has worked for several high-profile brokers in the intervening 23 years. Having originally started by working on residential finance, Guy moved into the specialist and commercial lending arena in 2013.
When not working with clients, Guy enjoys spending family time with his wife and providing a taxi service for his seven-year-old son “ferrying him to and from various extracurricular activities.”
In his spare time Guy plays football competitively and “is trying to play more golf”. He loves to attend any type of sporting event and, as a Liverpool fan, there have been plenty of finals for him to enjoy over the last few years!
Guy also loves to travel, and says he is “making up for lost time due to the pandemic with holidays domestic and overseas.”
Additionally, Guy is active in the Association of Mortgage Intermediaries’ “diversity and inclusivity” initiative, ensuring positive steps forward for the financial services sector on these important issues.
Get in touch
If you need advice on any aspect of commercial or specialist lending, please get in touch and Guy will be happy to help.
Email email@example.com or call us on +44 (0) 20 3411 0079.